The Queen of Kitchen Disasters

As much as I love to cook and bake, I'm lazy and I'm horrid at following recipes. Together with my natural capability of clumsiness and inability of handling anything sharp, it's the perfect recipe for ... disasters.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Lemongrass & Ginger Drink

This is a refreshing, calming and just right after a hard day's of work or on a hot sunny afternoon. I like to sip it after I have done some housework on the weekends, or after I come home from work.
 
Ingredients
4 stalks of lemongrass - rinsed, bruised (use the flat of a chopper or anything to whack it), and sliced into 1 inch sections
1 5 to 10 cm piece of young ginger - cleansed, and sliced (If you want it to be more gingerly, add more. Add according to your preference.)
Water - about 1.5 litre
Sugar
 
Method
1. Use a heavy bottom pot (like my WMF one), add water and bring to boil. Add in ingredients and leave it on low heat/ flame for about 1 hour. (Note: using a heavy bottom pot saves you gas, cuz a little heat goes a long way once the pot is sufficiently heated).
2. Normally, I make it a bit syrupy - so I add more sugar. But if you intent to drink it as it is COLD, please add more sugar too, so you can dump in the ice cubes to cool it fast enough. If you like it hot, then add just enough sugar to your taste.
3. When sugar has melted, turn off heat and filter (you can scoop up the bits instead if you like) into your drinking or storage container.
4. If syrupy, remember to add water before drinking!
 
Happy drinking!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home