The Queen of Kitchen Disasters

As much as I love to cook and bake, I'm lazy and I'm horrid at following recipes. Together with my natural capability of clumsiness and inability of handling anything sharp, it's the perfect recipe for ... disasters.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

kimchi noodle soup

been waiting to post about what I have been cooking recently - wanted to share some recipes that I've learnt from my colleagues as well as simple hand me down soup recipes, and not to mention cravings from my cantonese soul.

anyway, i'll prob do bit by bit over the next few days - not much pics so I guess you just have to visualize it.

I had made over the past week:
1. kimchi noodle soup
2. old cucumber soup with pork
3. black chicken herbal soup
4. peanut porridge (not vegetarian style)
5. sliced pork with lotus root shavings in spicy bean sauce

so let's start with the item 1.



well, simple for me since I already have over salted kimchi (my bro says chinchalok is very salty), so i just needed to add water and boil! But i had to boil long enough for the saltiness to be diffused with the water, so take about 30 minutes to boiling, when normally 5 minutes of boiling will suffice! So once boiling, just add noodles (i took the noodles from a maggi mee pack), boil for a further 2 minutes and it's ready to eat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home