The Queen of Kitchen Disasters

As much as I love to cook and bake, I'm lazy and I'm horrid at following recipes. Together with my natural capability of clumsiness and inability of handling anything sharp, it's the perfect recipe for ... disasters.

Friday, March 17, 2006

I *heart* books!

Today went down with my colleague to Kinokuniya during lunch time and he had 6 of the 20% discount coupons. Wasn't sure what I wanted to buy but as I browse the shelves, I ended up with 5 or 6 books in my arms and I couldn't decide which to buy! Some books were a real find - in fact i was so amazed!
 
About 10 years ago, I was in Maui for work and I remembered very distinctively this restaurant I had dinner at. Me and my girlfriend are basically small eaters and we weren't sure what we wanted. The coolest part was that (ya i know i very suaku) the menu was recited by the waiter. How cool is that! And since we weren't sure what we wanted, the waiter (who was very friendly to us) suggested us to try this chicken with white wine sandwich. When it came, we were WOWed over. It's actually a open sandwich, but the chicken was so moist and delicious! We basically mopped up every single bit! I don't know why, but I remembered that experience at the restaurant, which is called Longhi.
 
 
Today, I found this recipe book written by the owners of Longhi Restaurant (the only copy on the shelf!) and memories of that particular trip came flooding back. It was such a nice surprise to find something that could evoke such pleasant memories of the trip. The book is shrink wrapped but YES I BOUGHT IT!!!! I couldn't resist it and since I had the 20% discount voucher, it means I HAD THE PERFECT EXCUSE!
 
Tonight, I will lovingly caress this book and dig out photos from my trip to Maui.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home