The Queen of Kitchen Disasters

As much as I love to cook and bake, I'm lazy and I'm horrid at following recipes. Together with my natural capability of clumsiness and inability of handling anything sharp, it's the perfect recipe for ... disasters.

Monday, January 16, 2006

the fruits of a 8 hour labour ...

spent 8 hours at my mum's place making pineapple tarts today ...

i must declare one thing ... the recipe we had for the pineapple tarts pastry ONLY works with SCS salted butter ... today we tried with Anchor salted butter and it was horrible! Somehow it didn't give enough moisture to the dough, so we sent our aunt out to buy 6 blocks of SCS butter ...

after that, the dough was back to the normal dough ... so much better to work with!

Anyway, just a quick one before I dash off to dreamland, these are the 2 versions of the tarts we did today.

The open pineapple tart. The heart shaped decoration are handmade!


The pineapple tart ball (closed version) with a clove. This combine with the egg yellow colouring we added to the dough makes it look like "kumquats".

ok tt's all for tonight folks ... I'll show you the pics of the hums i had just before I posted this tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home