The Queen of Kitchen Disasters

As much as I love to cook and bake, I'm lazy and I'm horrid at following recipes. Together with my natural capability of clumsiness and inability of handling anything sharp, it's the perfect recipe for ... disasters.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Taiwanese Porridge

I was suppose to post the kimchi verdict a few nights ago (Thursday to be exact) when first I got distracted by a puppy whose neurons are firing off a lot of new urges, then when my hubby came back, he offered to take me out for dinner.

So we decided to go to Chun Tin road, and then decide which stall to eat from when we are there.

When I saw the Taiwanese porridge, I wanted to have my dinner there, since I like porridge and I wasn't very inclined for a ultra full meal even though he's offering to treat me. Anyway, he agreed and after quick scan of the menu, we ordered the following:

1. Plain porridge for him and sweet potato porridge for me
2. Chow Lala (some kind of clams)
3. Sambal kangkong (our favourite - we try to order this wherever we go)
4. Mince pork steamed with salted egg yolk


Verdict:

Sambal kangkong $4

The sambal kangkong is simply delicious! With the right amount of chilli, wetness and just nicely cooked kangkong, it was yummy and goes very well with the porridge.



Steamed mince pork patty with salted egg yolk $5 (i think)

The steamed mince pork patty was extremely good too! With the right amount of fats and pork, the pork patty was not over crumbly - definitely not hard and over cooked! The salted egg yolk was a marvel, I wondered how they managed to get it flattened out and cover the pork patty so nicely! Yummilicious!

The chow lala however was a letdown, this about $4 to $5 also, but not worth ordering at all.

Porridge wise, forget about the sweet potato porridge. It comes nowhere close being even 1% near to my majie's standards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home